Welcome to the Official Tourist Information Site of the Municipality of Forlì

ITA
ENG

 

Elmici fortress

Ruins of the ancient fortress.


Address: Via Rocca d'Elmici, 47016 Predappio (FC), Italia
Telephone number: 0543 921711

web site: www.comune.predappio.fc.it


Further information

Elmici Fortress is located on the left of Rabbi river, in front of Rocca delle Caminate and, until 1859, it used to belong to Predappio Municipality. Today there are only the ruins of the bastions of the ancient fortress and the traces of the castle of a fortress that used to be contended and has been destroyed several times. 'Castrum Elmizie' was before 'fundus', then 'castrum'. Since the year 900 it was subjected to Calboli's family; then it passed to Ugone del Sasso in 970, then to Simone di Particeto who donated it to the 'Abbazia di Isola'. Fired by Florentines in 1236, the fortress was subjected to Ravenna Curia, to Calboli's and Ordelaffi's family, then to the Holy See (1359), that left it to Cervatto Sassoni from Cesena. When it went back to Ordelaffi's family, it was fortified by Pino in 1471 and, since 1535, it belongs to Forlì Municipality.


Opening period

You can visit it only externally since it is reduced to ruins.


How to get there

The fortress is located nearby the tract of road which leads from Fiumana to Predappio


Last update martedì 24 settembre 2019

 

Back to previous page

Comune di Forlì - Piazza Saffi, 8 47121 Forlì - Tel. 0543 712111
Partita IVA: 00606620409
A cura della Redazione di Turismo Forlivese, C.so Diaz, 21 - 47121 Forlì - redazione.turismo@comune.forli.fc.it

Questo sito internet è valido xhtml 1.0 strict, clicca per accedere al validatore xhtml 1.0, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra Questo sito internet è valido CSS 2.0, clicca per accedere al validatore css, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra sito internet validato wcag wai a