Welcome to the Official Tourist Information Site of the Municipality of Forlì

ITA
ENG

Palazzo Monsignani Sassatelli

Over time the building underwent many alterations. The simple façade clashes with the lavishly decorated interior. On the noble floor you can admire frescoes by Forlì painter Giacomo Zampa (1731-1808). In the 18th century, a large double volume reception room was added to the palace, with decorations by quadraturista Angelo Zaccarini and by figure painter Antonio Belloni from Forlì, who is considered the author of the round painting on the vault depicting the Celebration of Romulus. Worth noticing is also the grand staircase, partly surmounted by an umbrella vault. The palace originally belonged to the Lombardini family, then came under the ownership of marquises Monsignani Sassatelli, who alienated it in 1883. Since 1912 the palace has been the property of the Dorothean Sisters and home to the 'Istituto delle Suore Maestre di Santa Dorotea’.

 

Address: Via dei Mille, 3, 47121 Forlì (FC), Italia

Last update mercoledì 29 agosto 2018

 

Back to previous page

Comune di Forlì - Piazza Saffi, 8 47121 Forlì - Tel. 0543 712111
Partita IVA: 00606620409
A cura della Redazione di Turismo Forlivese, C.so Diaz, 21 - 47121 Forlì - redazione.turismo@comune.forli.fc.it

Questo sito internet è valido xhtml 1.0 strict, clicca per accedere al validatore xhtml 1.0, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra Questo sito internet è valido CSS 2.0, clicca per accedere al validatore css, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra sito internet validato wcag wai a