Welcome to the Official Tourist Information Site of the Municipality of Forlì

ITA
ENG

Palazzo dei Commissari

It was the residence of the Cptains of justice and of general Commissioners sent to Castrocaro terme by the Florentin between 1403 and 1579.

Address: Via della Postierla, 47011 Castrocaro Terme (FC), Italia
Telephone number: Castrocaro Terme and Terra del sole's IAT: +39. 0543.767162; Pro Loco +39.0543.769541
e-mail: iat@comune.castrocarotermeeterradelsole.fc.it

Analytical text

It was the residence of the Cptains of justice and of general Commissioners sent to Castrocaro terme by the Florentin between 1403 and 1579. It was widened between 1541 and 1542 as wanted by the general Commissioner Jacopo de'Medici. The family coat of arms above the entry is de' Medici's, with the ducal crown (year 1566); the other coats of arms are related to the Captains of justice and general Commissioners Angelo de Vettoris (year 1433), Jacopo Ventura (year 1445) and Nicolò Federighi (year 1599).

News

At present, the building belongs to the Giglioli dei Castagni family.

Opening time

You can see it from outside only

How to get there

From Forlì, drove along the SS 67 for 11 km, to Castrocaro Terme's historiccal city centre.

Last update venerdì 31 agosto 2018

 

Back to previous page

Comune di Forlì - Piazza Saffi, 8 47121 Forlì - Tel. 0543 712111
Partita IVA: 00606620409
A cura della Redazione di Turismo Forlivese, C.so Diaz, 21 - 47121 Forlì - redazione.turismo@comune.forli.fc.it

Questo sito internet è valido xhtml 1.0 strict, clicca per accedere al validatore xhtml 1.0, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra Questo sito internet è valido CSS 2.0, clicca per accedere al validatore css, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra sito internet validato wcag wai a