Welcome to the Official Tourist Information Site of the Municipality of Forlì

ITA
ENG

 

CHIESA DI SANTA REPARATA

It was built between 1594 and 1605, it has a huge Latin cross shaped basis.


Address: Piazza D'Armi, 47011 Castrocaro Terme (FC), Italia
Telephone number: +39.0543.769631 Iat Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole
Mail: iatcastrocaro@visitcastrocaro.it








Admission: Visit free


Description

'Santa Reparata' parish church has a huge Latin cross shaped basis. It is located in front of the Police building.
The assignment for construction was given to Raffaello di Zenobi di Pagno from Fiesole who probably revised Lanci's original project; between 1594 and 1605 the parish church was built on the area which was unused in Lanci's project.
The façade has got double pilasters, which continue beyond the middle ledge to the tympanum, which is enriched by two side volutes. The portal is enriched by a perforated pattern and surmounted by a lunette; there is a big oval window in the middle, whose structure is seen also on transept's two sides. The apse is pentagonal, the arches are slightly bent. The building is made of terracotta and sandstone. The interior part, just like the exterior one, is still clearly Renaissance style; there is only one trusses-covered nave, connected to a perforated ledge, supported by Ionic pilasters and marked by four triumph arches. Many works of art are kept there:
the XVIII century 'bussola' and 'cantoria' with Feliciano Fedeli from Camerino' organ (a. 1734), restored in 1973;
the XVI century chancel made of carved walnut wood and decorated with pilasters and perforated architraves, which reminds the pattern of the ledge;
the wooden crucifix, a great sculpture created by the Florentines (XVI century);
the Easter candelabra, made of carved walnut wood on a triangular basis (XVI century);
the altar piece with 'Madonna del Carmine' and the Saints martyrs Reparata and Caterina by Pier Paolo Menzocchi (year 1575);
the altar piece with the 'Madonna del Rosario', with the saints Domenico and Caterina from Siena by Francesco Longhi (year 1610);
crucifixion in Romagna style (XVII century);
Deposition and Nativity (on the walls of the chancel) made by the Florentines (XVII century).
The bell tower is next to the parish church; it was accomplished between 1821 and 1825 and beneath its arcades you can see the baptistery.

How to get there

By car: 9 km from Forlì, on the SS 67 Tosco-Romagnola road.



Last update venerdì 29 settembre 2017

 

Back to previous page

Comune di Forlì - Piazza Saffi, 8 47121 Forlì - Tel. 0543 712111
Partita IVA: 00606620409
A cura della Redazione di Turismo Forlivese, C.so Diaz, 21 - 47121 Forlì - redazione.turismo@comune.forli.fc.it

Questo sito internet è valido xhtml 1.0 strict, clicca per accedere al validatore xhtml 1.0, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra Questo sito internet è valido CSS 2.0, clicca per accedere al validatore css, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra sito internet validato wcag wai a