Welcome to the Official Tourist Information Site of the Municipality of Forlì

ITA
ENG

Chiesa della Madonna del Fuoco - FOrlì

The church rises in the spot where the miracle of Madonna del Fuoco took place. The image of the Virgin Mary survived to the fire is preserved in the Dome where is worshipped since 1428; it has its own chapel since 1636. The church rises on the place where Madonna del Fuoco's miracle took place. The construction of the church began in 1797 and immediately interrupted by the arrival of the Napoleonic army. In 1815 its construction started again following a project by Luigi Mirri and it ended in 1819. The beautiful neoclassical façade has a semicircular shape. In the lunette above the entrance there is a fresco (probably by Antonio Gandolfi) that recalls the miracle of the Virgin Mary.




The dome presets a coffered ceiling; in the center of the church an oil lamp illuminate the neoclassical lines of the surroundings.

Address: Via Leone Cobelli, 8-10, 47121 Forlì (FC), Italia

Telephone number: +39 0543 34834

 

How to get there

The church is located in a side street of Corso Garibaldi, near piazza del Duomo. It is reachable by car and by bus.

 

 

Last update mercoledì 4 settembre 2019

 

Back to previous page

Comune di Forlì - Piazza Saffi, 8 47121 Forlì - Tel. 0543 712111
Partita IVA: 00606620409
A cura della Redazione di Turismo Forlivese, C.so Diaz, 21 - 47121 Forlì - redazione.turismo@comune.forli.fc.it

Questo sito internet è valido xhtml 1.0 strict, clicca per accedere al validatore xhtml 1.0, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra Questo sito internet è valido CSS 2.0, clicca per accedere al validatore css, il sito verrà aperto in una nuova finestra sito internet validato wcag wai a